Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to attend School Festival which was actually less like a festival and more like a variety show in a freezing cold gymnasium. Luckily I was only in the gym for the morning and at the International Center in the afternoon. I caught the chorus competitions at both of my schools. I also got to see some traditional Japanese dancing and the brass band. It was nice to see the kids get so excited for something they've worked really hard at. Went out in Uozu that night and ate Mexican food!!!! Had a few people over afterwards, good times.

Man was this band good. And the music teacher, who has the desk across from me and is an absolute sweetie, picked some really jazzy songs. It was a much needed break from the oodles of chorus songs about friendship and mountains.

Yep, saw a lot of this. Their chorus did really well, and when they announced the winners the girls freaked out big time.


Sunday was ROBOT FEST. I'm not all that into robots, but who could say no to an auditorium full of them? Not me. We piled in the car and took off to Toyama. It was just as insane as I assumed it would be. There were tons of booths with robots, robot related inventions, and robot demonstrations. I'm gonna let these pictures do the talking. Let's just suffice to say it was way fun.

Thundercleese, how did you get in here?

This guy was awesome.

I totally showed up this dancing robot.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

Initially we thought this guy was gonna cage fight the robot but instead......

......the robot made a lot of noise and took off like a rocket. Then it fell over and sprayed a bunch of liquid everywhere. Everyone screamed.

What Japanese event would be complete without a song and dance show in flashy costumes?

Oooooh, make one that looks like a poodle!

2 Comments:

Blogger will said...

mmmmmmmmmmm ro bot ........ bzzzzzzzzz ro bot..... me like rooo bot.

totally jealous you went to this.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I welcome our new robotic overlords...

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home