Tuesday, October 25, 2005

More Nagoya for fast, effective relief

Even though staying in Kurobe for another weekend and nursing a 135's hangover seemed like a cool idea, I decided to roll down to Nagoya for some city action because I like cities, Will is fun and the bus is cheap. I got in, had lunch and walked around for a while. Saw lots of Osu Kannon and then went to the Science museum for fun. It's pretty big, and you ATliens will be happy to know that I represented old school Fernbank by catching the planetarium show. Afterwards I met up with Will and we went out on the town, met some of his friends and hit up a sweet "rock and roll" bar which truly earns its moniker because they always play the best music.
Sunday we went down to Nagoya port and ran into an Okinawan Festival. There was lots of dancing, food, music and professional wrestling. I would say this was one of my favorite parts of the city. Had steak for lunch and headed back home.
(On a side note, my Kyoto sensei just won massive amounts of cool points because he's trying to ban smoking in the teachers room. Seriously, there's nothing worse than having to work in a smoky office all day.)


The science museum has the first water fountain I've seen in Japan, so I felt the need to document it. I almost wonder if it was part of an exhibit.

This was way scary. It was supposed to help me learn about fire safety, but I actually wept in a corner instead.

Bar tender who gave me free pears and Makoto, the owner.

View of Nagoya from the train station.

WTF?

Bridge.

Nagoya Port.

Dancin' Japanese folks.

Okinawan taiko players.

Taking in the fresh air, maybe a kancho or two.

1 Comments:

Blogger will said...

or three is more like it... don't lie.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home