Sunday, October 16, 2005

Karaoke

I'm going to say it, if I had my choice I would never do karaoke. Now I know what you're thinking "But Kate, you moved to the wrong country if you don't like karaoke". Yeah, well who the hell asked you?
Be that as it may I will, in the spirit of being part of the group, participate. It's really not so bad once you get going. But like everything, there are rules to be followed. Below are my own personal rules that I feel every participant should read if they want to do karaoke:

1) Don't hog the mic.
2) Avoid songs that suck for karaoke. You're not going to impress us with your knowledge of esoteric music, so stop. If I wanted elitism I'd move back to Atlanta and drink PBR at Lenny's every night after I got off work at Junkman's. Save it for your iPod, put on some Poison and let's rawk.
3) Don't hog the song book.
4) Don't get drunk so early that you end up singing all of your songs laying across three seats. Try to sit up straight for at least a few.
5) For God's sake don't hassle people to sing if they don't want to. You're not gonna convince me, and I've been perfecting "I don't care, and I'm not participating" since middle school. Just ask my Mom.
6) Don't hog the pitcher.
7) Do sing your britches off and have lots of fun.

Good form, Adam.


By the way, last night in Uozu was a flippin' blast! Thanks everyone for making it happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kate. the lenny's comment killed me. just killed me. miss you. hit me up. j

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home