Friday, October 07, 2005

Comfortable

We got our first batch of Pen Pal letters from Macon for my English elective class. I wasn't really sure how it was all going to go, but the kids had a blast reading them and asking questions. And if you ever want to have an interesting conversation, try to explain "soul food" to Japanese students. They got a lot out of it which made me feel good. And after school, a group of girls stopped to talk to me, voluntarily, for about 10 minutes. This was also great because I didn't have to assault them to get an English conversation going. It seems like things are getting a little more comfortable for the time being. I'm going to Kyoto this weekend!

I was sitting at a stop light in town the other day and saw this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy for you :)

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home