Friday, November 04, 2005

Lovin' that culture

Today was Culture Day (Japanese Holiday), and I decided to celebrate by taking in the local Science and Art Museums. For under $10 I saw a planetarium show about Mars (led by two genki animated bacterium), a 3-D dinosaur movie, a live electricity demonstration, and an art exhibition. Whoever said that Kurobe didn't have a lot to offer?
Speaking of culture, I had my first lesson with my new Japanese tutor yesterday. (I was going to classes in Toyama, but that was getting to be too far.) It was good, she's a really sweet person, and she gave me chocolates. This weekend is the School Festival. More on that later.

This picture has nothing to do with my post, but wtf? They just built this ramp outside the local Sushi joint. Is it a ramp into the whale? Does the whale go down the ramp? Or maybe an installation piece about globalism? Is it a parking spot? Seriously??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home