Thursday, November 24, 2005

Today was a holiday, Japanese Labor Day in fact, and what better way to celebrate than by working? To be fair, I wouldn't really call what I did today work. I attended the Kurobe Yochien concert where all the yochiens in the area got together and did a big show. The whole thing was on the evening news and was the cutest thing ever, at least since the last yochien event. One of the coolest parts about today was finally living out my lifelong dream-to be in a band. That's right folks, I was on maracas and tore up the stage old school with a little help from Lee on guitar, as well as several teachers on drums, vocals and some strange mouth keyboard. The performance included original interpretations of such classics as "Bingo" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." View the photo below to see what they made me wear.
Later on I caught the tail end of a big Thanksgiving meal held by some of the local JETs. Ate some turkey and like three pieces of pumpkin pie. Now I feel sick, celebrating in true Thanksgiving fashion.

Here's one of my favorite little guys.

These are the craziest kids I've met so far in Japan. They love the kancho, and today I convinced them my name was really Jack.

Two hours of nothing but cuteness.

"Here are four of the fittest blokes in Japan." Did I say that right, Dan? (For those of you who don't speak British, it means "These guys rule.")

I get paid to do this people.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they have trukies in Japan?

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turkies, even.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

That last one is the best Thanksgiving photo I've seen this year :-D

9:18 AM  
Blogger K8 said...

No, there aren't any turkies here. At least not the one's you can eat. Zing!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home