Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Shorts

My weekend can be best summed up with this series of shorts.

# 1:
My car broke down on Friday night. Luckily, Gillian and two nice foreign men helped me push it into a parking lot. The damage to my wallet isn't all too severe, but certainly inconvenient. Reason 37,450 why I love my job and this country is that my supervisor, within hours of finding out, came out on the weekend with the mechanic he takes his car to, had my car towed and immediately provided a loan car for me to drive. Sweetness.

#2:
Feeling a bit down about my car, I decided to cheer myself up and for five dollars I made this.

#3:
(Kate enters local Gym, a teenage boy runs by.)

Local teenager: HELLO!!!!!!
Kate: Oh, Hello. Genki desu (or, you sure are excited)!
Local Teenager: Of course!!!!!
Kate: Wow, good English.
Local Teenager: BYE!!!!! (Sprints into the distance)
Kate: Bye!!!

(This particular scenario happens at least three times a week and always makes my day.)

# 4:
The master of our local hangout has a samba music group and he invited me and my friends to come see them in Uozu. Not knowing what to expect, I paid 1500 yen to see over four hours of music complete with free snacks and tea. It was quite an event.

Samba group. They asked me to come and dance for them, but if any of you have ever seen a samba costume, it consists of a bunch of feathers and a thong. Maybe they can just get me something to beat on instead.

Fan dancing.

This guy played a mouth harp thingy that they call a koukin over here. It was nuts, I have videos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A jew's harp? Only Bailey can master that.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! It's tree junior.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home