Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Matsumoto

Ah, the weekend. What wonders it beholds, what magical twists, turns and cleverly placed bits of wonder......okay that's enough. Anywho, went to Matsumoto on Sunday to check out the castle. It was pretty sweet, but hot outside and the trip was long (bless you Adrianna for driving.) We took a tour of the castle, which had a six story donjon and a lot of weapons. Built in the 16th century, most of the structure is original. We also visited the Minzoku-kan (folklore museum) which was neat, but all in Japanese so I was a wee bit confused. Today is Respect for the Elderly day, so no work!! I guess I'll go help a little old Japanese lady with her scooter or something.


On the way to Nagano. I will be falling down this mountain on a snowboard in no time.

The castle. Most Japanese castles are white, so this one is unusual. Why's it gotta be a color thing?

Moat-tastic.

My dog wouldn't have appreciated the culture. She's a little slow.

This was inside the museum. As I cannot read Japanese, I have no clue what it's about, what it pertains to or when it was created. I'm such a bad JET.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home