Friday, September 23, 2005

Teachin' and Cookin'

It's official, I have a class full of punks. I thought they didn't exist here and that my job as a teacher was going to be so easy I would forget it was a job. And then came my afternoon third years. These kids are your typical spitball shooting, talk over the teacher, punch the kid in front of you punks. The thing is that the most misbehaved kids in the class are the best at English. So it's a bit frustrating to say the least. I'm gonna all Stand and Deliver style those kids and inspire them to get out of the ghetto and go to college, no matter what it takes!
I was recently asked to plan the International Dinner that's held once a month at Colare. I wasn't sure what to cook, so I went with spaghetti. There is a sweet group of older Japanese women who cooked the whole thing, I just had to tell them what to do. All night people kept asking me if it was a traditional Georgia recipe. Sure it is, if I served it up with a two piece from Big Chic and a sweet tea. Anyways, I think it turned out okay, nobody gagged in front of me anyways. Met some cool folks anyways, it really is a good event. I've gotta go to bed soon to catch the five hour bus to Nagoya. God bless you three day weekend.

Look at them, lining up for Kate food.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate,
the "atlanta-style pasta" was dericious. i also really enjoyed the power point. i didn't know the hulk was from atlanta. which reminds me- i am going to have to rent mr. nanny ASAP. xoxo amber

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home