Saturday, September 17, 2005

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days.

So Thursday started out horrible. I woke up feeling decent, but within fifteen minutes of arriving at work realized I lost the cord that connects my computer to the Power Point projector at home and the whole days lesson was screwed. Yeah, if slapping people was more acceptable here, I think Omae Sensei would have performed a little "Oops upside your head" on yours truly. But it all worked out in the end and the lesson went way better than usual. The older kids are way more into English, so they're pretty fun. I'm starting pen pals with some of them which should prove interesting. I had an enkai with the folks from work that evening and we had a blast.
Today I went to Yochien and was asked if I wanted to go to a "musical" in Uozu with the older kids. Who could pass up that one? So we packed into a bus and rode off. Led by four actors, one who had on a costume that looked like Gandolf if he were in Pippin and a light up broom, we took a magical journey about safely crossing the street. The best was when I went to the bathroom and one of the ushers grilled me about who I was when I tried to get back in. Yeah dude, I cleverly snuck in through the fire exit to catch a musical performance for five year olds. Besides, I learned how to cross the street weeks ago.
So somebody (Steve) said to post some pictures, so I figured it was about time for some poor English translations and funny signage. There are so many better ones, I plan on making many installments. Enjoy.

This guy gave me this promoting his band.

Thank God someone does!

No fishing for hats.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a bum crouching in the second picture?

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you that Arshaad messaged me the other day and asked me when we were going to go to the haunted house. He also made it a point to tell me that we should go so long as I promise not to push him on the floor like I did the last time.

You are an excellent blogger by the way. This stuff is damn funny. Oh yeah...and I just had sushi for lunch.

3:40 AM  
Blogger K8 said...

Oh Steve, there aren't bums in Japan. That guys prolly just waiting in the wings for some quick groping action.

Raschelle: Hahahaha. You know you wanna go to the haunted house again. Who else is going to scream and alert people of the chainsaw man? Way to eat sushi...magic to do....

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home