Saturday, August 27, 2005

Sports and Curry

Yesterday I spent the morning in the Kurobe gym watching my junior high kids playing volleyball and basketball. In the afternoon I met up with Gill and some folks from the community, because once a month, Colare, the International Center in Kurobe, hosts a big dinner. We made Japanese curry. There were so many people from the community there. All the new JETs had to introduce themselves and whatnot. The cute kids from the BBQ were there, so that made me happy. In a few months it will be my turn to make dinner. I'm gonna make a traditional dish I like to call "Bologna Sandwiches with a side of Cheetos."

These kids are really into volleyball. Everyone keeps suggesting that I join in and play. For those of you who know me, insert a round of laughter here.

This is what curry for 60 people looks like.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it reminds me of that one time that suzen woke me up freestyling a rap about eating curry with sid. it went something likee
"we're gonna eat curry on sunday/ like it was monday/ curry will make it a fun-day" oh good times.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home