Monday, August 22, 2005

Livin' it up

Yesterday was jam packed with lots of Kurobe fun. In the afternoon I hit the beach to check out the scene down there. In the evening some members of the community who take English classes from Lee invited us over for a cook out. The food was fantastic, as was the company. They made potato salad that tasted like it came straight out of the dirty south, except for the cucumbers. I also got to try dried pork, dried squid, and yakitori.

There were so many rocks on the beach I almost broke my ankle.

This is quite possibly the cutest kid alive. Her and her brother kept passing out beers.

Oh yeah! Grill Master Lee in full effect. Those brown hot dog shaped dealies are eggplant, and you put mustard on them. For dessert they bought the biggest watermelon I have ever seen.  

These flowers are for Obon. There are a lot of little graveyards around my apartment.

I'm not sure why but the sky turned this crazy color of pink/purple during a storm the other day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. i don't know why it looks like that eather, but i wish i was there to see it.

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home