Thursday, August 11, 2005

Japanese Soda

The most glorious things about Japanese Internet cafes, aside from the often colorful adjoining business practices, are the oodles of beverages. Now I'm not one to embibe much soda, but the stuff here is so deliciously free. I'm sure there are some I've not included, so perhaps a revised edition will be available sometime in the future. So here it is, your guide to Japanese sodas.

Calpis: The name says it all. Looks like dishwater, tastes like it too. I'm not even sure what flavor it's supposed to be, maybe mayonnaise?
Real Gold: I would say this is the Japanese Mt. Dew. Supposedly it's chock full of vitamins, but it tastes so sugary I don't see how. Good.
Suntory Melon: This is my personal favorite. Comes in a nice engine coolant shade of green.
Fanta Melon: Suntory's less tasty cousin, but just as green.
Suntory White Water: You ever had Mylanta? Yeah, me too and it tastes just like this.
Aquarius: A sports drink, but carbonated. Kind of tastes like grapfruit. Smooth with a firm finish.
C.C. Lemon: Lemony soda, also full of vitamins. Zesty!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that soda. when i come visit u we gotta hit that up!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...your Aquarius came carbonated? That's not usual...or right. What will they think of next? A sports drink that's pronounced 'tard-ass'?



Oh, wait.

5:59 PM  
Blogger will said...

listen ms. thang,... aquarius is NOT carbonated!

1:29 PM  
Blogger K8 said...

They have carbonated Aquarius. If you come to Wao, I will prove it.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home