Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Takayama

Oh sweet mother of pearl, will the birthday fun ever stop? Went to Takayama this weekend. After three trains and a bus, I met Will "Shama Lama Ding Dong" who bought me an awesome teapot for my birthday. We spent the weekend enjoying Takayama, meeting cool people, tasting sake/beer and eating way too much food. Such a great time, feast your eyes on these!

My present!

Sakurayama Hachimangu Shrine





Miyagawa River



This guy ran the reggae bar we hung out at.

Big market area.

Met these guys in one of the sake breweries. They're traveling around Japan for a few weeks. Such interesting guys.

The best dinner I've eaten in a long time. Shabu Shabu is a Japanese meal where you shake things in boiling water and eat em.

What, jive turkey?



Hida-Kokubunji Temple

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

takayama looks fun! your sweet mother of pearl statement made me snort tea out of my nose.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it say anything about the bib things on the buddies? At the place I went to they were all about old women caring for their dead children.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teeeapot sweet

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home