Friday, March 10, 2006

"Let's have big dreams!" my week thus far

It's been a good week, and the first week I haven't worn long underwear since November.

Wack M.C.'s-yo time is up.

* Helped record a c.d. on Tuesday for an English version of "karuta", a Japanese game. I had to read a list of phrases, my favorites being "How fast the Shinkansen is!" "Let's play with insects." "P.E. is fun!" "Let's be on time!"

* Ran into one of my adult conversation class students for the third time in a week in the exact same place. We figured there must be some reason it keeps happening, so she invited me to her house sometime soon.

* I told my Japanese tutor I've been trying to watch what I eat, so at our lesson she brought me low fat mayonnaise. She's the best. Last week she gave me crackers.

* Taught a fun St. Patrick's Day lesson. Try explaining green beer why don't ya. One girl told me if she caught a leprechaun and got his pot of gold she'd buy a boyfriend.

* Got called "Jackie" (my predecessor's name) about three times in one day by the art teacher. It's too late to correct her now. I do fantasize about getting all Japanese soap opera on her and the next time she does it, banging my fist on the desk, slowly turning towards her in my chair and while looking really mad and hurt saying in a warbling, about to cry voice, "Katie........desu."

* About once a week I wander down the hall to have tea with the school nurse. She wants to learn English and is always worried that her son won't get married and that Japanese people don't express themselves enough. She gives me seaweed candies and cough drops.

* Planning a few trips for the future, one for my birthday weekend, one to China with the family, and one tomorrow to the old faithful Nagoya!

* Oh, and since there's probably only about 4 people who read this blog with any regularity, and 2 of them requested more milk carton pictures, I must oblige. You gotta give the people what they want. And the people want cows. Who am I to stand in their way?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pieta, I guess is still good what with the bullets. However, I kicked your ass in BPE. I puked today I'm so out of shape: I onlt biked a mile! Long time since Shesky's class. Eh....

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nori must only be found in the coastal waters of japan. if it is anywhere in the states we would probably treat it like kudzu.

we need to talk about getting a shipment of these japanese snacks for the potters back home....

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home