Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Welcome Weekend

Saturday morning we attended the second annual pumpkin festival in Nyuzen. It was great. There were lots of pumpkin related songs, foods and even pumpkin dancers! We helped kids carve pumpkins, and according to Lee, were on the evening news. Gill and I bought some homeade sake from this lady who insisted that we only drink sukoshi, a little, at a time. Whatever you say lady. I got a t-shirt and a hat!
Afterwards we headed up to the Gassho Houses for the JET Welcome Weekend. Driving through the mountains was really nice, and my go kart, I mean car, handled it pretty well. The place was nice, quite reminiscent of Girl Scouts. There were s'mores, a campfire and the obligatory Wish You Were Here on acoustic guitar. I think everyone had a good time, expecially those who got some sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to have an idea about the life of a Japanese teacher via your blog. I live in Holland and don't have a blog, I am reading an mlmblog regularly the last few weeks and today I decided to check for more interesting blog. So I will bookmark your blog too to read more about you.
Have a nice day and a happy week-end. Bye for now, Deana Wilmink-Martina, Wildervank ,Holland

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home