Thursday, September 08, 2005

Typhoon

Monday and Tuesday I taught at Koshino, my other junior high school. It went well, except for when I accidentally ate natto at lunch. For those of you who don't know, natto is fermented soy beans and it's the only food I've tried here that I find to be painfully bad. The kids are all in serious training for Sports Day this week. Practice for their cheers is crazy rigorous.
A typhoon is hitting us today, and everyone at work was freaking out. The kids went home early, and I graded more summer vacation papers. I can't tell you how hard these kids are on themselves. One kid was talking about his "humiliating and shameful failure" on a test. So crazy.

Why God why? They say natto is made from beans, but it's actually made out of nail polish remover and unhappiness.

Typhoon weather. The wind gusts almost blew a piece of pizza out of my hand.

Do I look like a teacher or what?? Feel free to make fun of me, someone at work said my dress was "exciting"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That's an interesting look for you :).

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what up mrs.poppins how you doin can i get a dolla? yeah you know who it is this is arshaad the one and only I am currently working for the college as a grad assistant and am getting broker by the minute really I have no car and the gas prices are ridiculous have you heard about the crisis in new orleans any way hit me back on myspace or arshaad3@yahoo.com

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the squarest dress I've ever seen.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home