Monday, September 04, 2006

Had my first day at school Friday. It was great! The commute isn't too terrible either.

I will now rate my new school based on my highly evolved 1-10 school rating system.


Coffee: 7-Because it isn't that instant crap.

Assorted Snacks Next to Coffee Maker: 9-some were from Austria. Nothing says "welcome to our school" like eating Mozart's chocolate face.

My Desk: 8-The view is good, and my chair is new.

Tea Lady Friendliness: 8-She is on top of her game. It's gotta be the apron.

Principal Friendliness: 9-He smiled a lot and asked me about Georgia.

Overall Teacher Friendliness: 10-Everyone was so damn nice, set me up with lots of extra pencils and even invited me to lunch. One teacher was friendly enough to share his favorite c.d. with me-Boston "Third Stage."


I don't want to speak too soon, but things are starting off well. I teach my first classes next Tuesday. That's when I get to the meat and potatoes of liking my job-the childrens. Speaking of meat.....

....that's whale. I didn't eat any, but I imagine it would taste like how Mastodon sounds.

And it might cause this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, apparently it's good to take your coffee anally? Wasn't that an episode of southpark...?

(PS this is Rachel...for some reason, blogger has decided to become a discriminatory bitch, and if you've merged your blog with your gmail account (I have), they won't let you comment on blogs that have not merged...I call shenannigans!)

7:46 AM  
Blogger The Kyle said...

BOSTON!!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home