Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What's new

So I'm in the big city, and things are going smoothly. This past weekend was busy-I think I've sort of recovered. All I know is at one point I found myself eating fine cheeses in a fancy apartment while sipping wine. I guess I really have become an adult!

It's kind of amazing to live somewhere that I actually have several choices of things to do as opposed to dealing with what's available. For example, last night Will and I went to see Terry Gilliam's newest movie Tideland.



I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I thought of it. It was like a weird drugged up fairy tale mixed with backwoods shock value irreverence. I will say that the colors were pretty and the performances were good. Has anyone else seen it?

Found an apartment, rather one was found for me, and it's in a great location between an art museum and a love hotel.

I think I'm anemic. And yesterday for a split second I thought I had meningitis.

I'm studying for one of the Japanese proficiency tests in November. I've got lots more to learn.

Goin to the beach in a few weeks, pretty excited about that. According to one online guide, it's is a nice place to get away from all of life's "hurly and burly". Whatever. Just give me a mai tai and a big floppy hat and bring it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bunny said...

Glad to hear you're getting settled (although that anemia thing worries me!). What beach are you going to?

6:29 PM  
Blogger The Kyle said...

You can get away from the hurly... but it's plain naive to think you can escape the burly.

6:50 PM  
Blogger K8 said...

We're going to Wakasawan in Fukui staying at some beachy bungalow a la Gilligan's Isand. I also wanna rock a coconut bra.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home