Sunday, August 06, 2006

The recent skinny

So I've moved into my new place. I must say, it's great. Way nicer than my last apartment and didn't come with ass tons of other people's stuff!



It's nice to have my own little patch of space and live off the fat of the land. And by fat of the land I mean the sandwich I make between the two love hotels on either side of the building. I spent all Friday moving and watching high school couples stumble out of parking lots into the light of day. I'm glad that the first thing they saw after their impassioned meetings was a short, sweaty foreigner awkwardly juggling kitchen appliances.

Otherwise things are pretty much just the normal "get used to living somewhere new" routine. I went to the international center this week to get some information and a look at their library. They have some good random stuff, lots of romance novels and about 10 books on Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I'm meeting a Japanese woman for a language exchange this week. I've been meeting with my new company about the job at my new school which is only about a 30 minute subway ride from here. I'm a little worried because the last teacher gave it a pretty bad review and said the kids are lazy and disruptive. I'll be watching Dangerous Minds everyday to prepare myself. Ahoy inner city apathy, here comes Kate aboard the good ship English!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Place looks great! The alarm clock on the floor adds a real touch of class.

3:36 PM  
Blogger The Kyle said...

THE SECRET IS OUT!

12:57 AM  
Blogger K8 said...

Oh my, that picture is shocking. I do look like I'm enjoying myself though. Love that honey glaze!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home