Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's over

Well it's all done. I've finished my year in Toyama. The past week has been an absolute insane bunch of crazy. I had my last days at school, speeches, final parties, and all that stuff.

These girls are always together and asking me why I don't shave my arms and how many boys I've kissed.

My final enkai. Lotsa beers, lotsa people I didn't know. But it was pretty fun, I drunkenly explain "grits" to the superintendent.

That's Yamada San, she's about to have a big strapping baby boy. He is actively learning English in the womb. To the right is Lee, my sempai/supervisor/neighbor/personal consultant. That there in the middle is my new summer yukata courtesy of the Board of Education.

My three Eikaiwa students. They lived in Greece for three years and on Saturday they experienced Hawaiian pizza for the first time. It made them do this!



Then the leavers party at Bananas. Rachel and me, sans her sword of doom.

The past year has been fun, crazy hard but interesting. I was really lucky to meet some great people. Everyone is welcome to come and visit anytime!!! Now if only Nagoya wasn't the hottest damn city this side of the island, I'd be all set. I walked outside to buy a light bulb today and lost ten pounds. Thank the lord for burritos. Next post will be a recap of the last year, so get ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bunny said...

sword of DOOOOOOOOM! Great picture, that bout sums up the whole night.

Gonna miss you, buddy. Rock Nagoya hard and say hi to that guy you hang around for me :)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home