Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tastes Like Burning

Every time the weather is mildly temperate in Kurobe, the sun shining high and the wind blowing low, you can prepare your olifactories and respiratory system for "Burn Shit Day." Although it initially appears like any other day, "Burn Shit Day" is where the citizens of town get together and collectively and carefully, just watch me now, burn shit. No one really knows what it is they're torching, and it would seem to me that this smoky phenomenon happens only on days when it's worth going outside or when I'm about to go running.
After careful research, and a few more years shaved of my life, I've been able to clearly identify particular burning categories.

* Burnt hot dogs in buns with brown mustard
* Charred rice and chili powder
* Skunky Pot....nobody's fooling me on this one
* Burnt rubber bouncy balls and hair
* Smoldering leaves with a hint of those little fire works that snap when you hurl them at the ground and/or your friends
* Charcoal and coffee grounds

2 Comments:

Blogger Bunny said...

I hear ya on the skunky pot. No one believes me when I say it...my years as a college RA and HD have fine tuned my nose, or so I thought!

That said, if they're burning it in such quantities, there's something definitely wrong. Mottainai yo!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally bought some of those firework things at Publix for 50 cents. From the box of 75, only twelve of them actually went off, and even those made a wholly unimpressive snap. Stupid pieces of crap.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home