Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Karaoke Halloween Hamburger

Friday night I went out to karaoke with some work people to practice songs for an upcoming music c.d. we'll be recording. The songs are for elementary school kids and cover such topics as fruit, liking fruit, animals, liking animals and so on. On top of that I sang some old favorites and drank my share of watered down gin and tonics.

Saturday I went shopping for my Halloween costume. I was disappointed in myself for purchasing a costume in a bag, but that's life when you don't care enough to shop around for weeks to put together a badass costume like this.



Later hung out with some new crazy friends, Koji and Junko.

Sunday got taken out for a mouth fulla hamburg steak at Tokyo Kitchen. I will dub this as highlight of my weekend. Hamburg steak is a popular dish here, and it usually consists of a hamburger and a carbohydrate thrown on a plate with some gravy, like this:

(Thanks Japan, I'll go to my local truck stop at home and get the same deal for $3.)

Normally I would never eat such a thing because to me a burger without a bun is lame, and gravy is the sauce for people who just can't do any better. But this place is a special place and the burger was so importantly delicious that it was covered in cheese in its own special dish, I received an extra piece of silverware to eat it and was warned about 7 times by 4 different staff members that it was hot and to be careful. Wow.

Also got some paintsyn done but not as much as I shoulda. The exhibition opens in a week, and I have some work to do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wore that last year. Don't lie, Kate. It's not funny.

9:03 AM  
Blogger will said...

not at all.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've worn that since 1st grade.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it meant to be?

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually she was Vanna White in the 1st grade, with sunglasses, no less. Her grandmother has had that picture on her refrig for 15 years. I have definitely seen that red hat and the "don't mess with me" look accompanying it, before.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home