Monday, February 20, 2006

Festin'

Saturday was JET FEST, an international festival in Namerikawa to celebrate countries that aren't Japan and to show just how great we are. There were lots of booths representing everywhere from Ghana to Russia, a fashion show, a gaijin auction, dancing etc. It was a long day, but I think it went well. The kids seemed to have lots of fun. And I got a free box of Cocoa Krispies. The evening entertainment was at Banana's in Uozu with Rob and Mark as the always popular Bento Boys. Let me just say for the record that the two most boring words in the English language are "designated driver". No worries though, I had a really good time. (How could I not, they played the Humpty Hump.)
Today I made French Toast and then screwed around until 3 when I went to Uozu to buy some paint. Lazy Sundays are the best.

Our America booth successfully overtook an entire huge corner which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Whee!

A costume from Yunnan in Southern China. The hat was the best part. It was like a colorful rack of lamb.

Lots of drunk foreigners.

Gettin' down at Bananas. Amy had on the cutest shirt I have ever seen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is THAT?

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... since when do you live in Japan? I'm confused.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home