Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The good, the bad and I'm ugly with the flu

It's official. I won't be in Kurobe next year, I signed the papers Friday. It was tough, every one was sad and like "Oh, what a shame-we were sure you were going to stay!" If there's one thing I hate it's letting people down. I've still got another 6 months though, and I intend to make the most of it.
This weekend provided a snowy bundle of winter fun in Unazuki with Will. We headed up Saturday and stayed at a nice hotel where you wear Japanese robes all day, take lots of baths and they wait on you hand and foot. Ate a bunch, met cool people, hung out and had a great time. There was some neat winter stuff going on around the town, so we caught that also.

Waitin for the train. Will trying to politely comprehend the old man Toyama-ben.

View from the room.

The room.

The room below ours had a garden.

First part of dinner. They brought enough food to feed about 4 Americans or 11 Japanese people.

This is what happens when you eat too much blowfish.

Fireworks!

Ice lanterns.

Breakfast was also delicious and it didn't even have Cap'n Crunch or BooBerry!


Started feeling a little sick over the course of the weekend, but tried to ignore it. Sadly sent Will off into the snow on Sunday evening, and went about my way planning a wicked Valentine's Day lesson for the kiddies. By Monday morning it was as if sulfur was raining in my brains. I called in sick to work-for the first time in my life-and headed to the doctor. I got the flu, so I'm at home watching movies and feeling generally gross. Things are bad-send candy.

Right after the barrage of embarrassing questions and right before the snot test.

4 Comments:

Blogger will said...

feel better cookie puss

4:24 PM  
Blogger mistercoffee said...

ahhhhHH!! japanese flu, is it different than american flu or just the daytime tv programs

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got bird flu.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Dude, feel better :(

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home