Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My weekend flew by. Went on trip to Nagoya complete with cute children, white gyoza and old art. It was fun, but too short as always and maybe a tad too exciting. (Next trip I'm suggesting barbiturates and an Ingmar Bergman film marathon to balance it out.) Had a good time, went to tutor some of Will's hilarious/cute younger students, met a bunch of Will's pals and enjoyed the general merriment. Went to Tokugawaen and the Tokugawa Art Museum. Got a great new book from Will about large folk art environments from all over the world which in turn features two Georgia artists. Something about our fine state breeds a particularly eccentric brand of creative weirdos and I am happy to call it home. Admittedly I'm a bit down to be back home because many aspects of my current situation are absolutely pissing me off besides the fact that I miss Nagoya-in particular the aforementioned resident within its borders. All this will be solved in due time.
Snowboarding again this weekend-look out mountain, I'm gonna getcha!

White gyoza are a tad different from other gyozas in that they are harder on the outside. Plus they don't have any rhythm.

Met this guy at a flea market.

The weather was so nice on Sunday......

.......we went to Tokugawaen.

Because the "let's take a cute couple picture" never gets old and you know it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Director Sportif said...

I LOVE White Gyoza! I'm planning a trip to Tokyo/Yokohama in April to see U2 and I'll definitely be visiting White Gyoza.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home