Monday, January 16, 2006

brang on some fun

This weekend was productive, fun, exciting, and a tad moist. Friday night went to an awesome newly found onsen in Uozu. I would have taken pictures of how awesome it was, but I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon.

Saturday I headed into Toyama for a New Years International Thingy at the CIC. There was lots of food, people, internationalizing, dancing, puppets, singing and general merriment. I won a Hello Kitty camera in their raffle.





Went out with Rachel, heard about her awesome Christmas trip to Thailand-ate Indian food with a bunch of Toyama folks.

Today Gill and I went to Takaoka to the Nabe Festival. Nabe is a traditional Japanese food prepared in a hot pot with lots of delicious vegetables and fruits of the sea.





For three dollars a pop, we ate our way around the city. It was fun. Here is documentation of our three bowls.



# 1: Corn, shrimp, potatoes? I'm impressed, this is going to be a good day-a good day for Nabe, that is.

#2 Oooh, a big, dead critter afloat in this bowl!

#3 Really mastering that cooling technique by the third one as well as the creeping heartburn.

Had some coffee, studied, bought a new coat, ate Mos Burger. A great weekend, but my tummy hurts. I think the burger is fighting the Nabe which is fighting the coffee which is all provoked by my craving for a cigarette. Let's hope the week goes well so I don't start smoking from every possible orifice. (But I'll be sure to post pictures if I do!)

5 Comments:

Blogger The Kyle said...

Huzzah for your not smoking

4:14 AM  
Blogger will said...

no smokey smokey

8:03 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Hey! We were gallumphing around Tak all day Sunday and we didn't spy you & Gill. We would surely have hit you upside the nabe if we had. Hope you had a good time!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jordan Forever said...

Good luck on the smoking thing, I fear I'm moving in the opposite direction....

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think of it as smoking so much as breathing ignition. When you complicate a situation, the facts get garbled in the mix, and the outcome is usually much bettzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Oh, I'm sorry. I fell asleep.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home