Friday, November 17, 2006

Sweet T.V.

If there's one thing I've learned in Japan it is never underestimate the value of a television series. We are currently in the middle of watching Twin Peaks. I think there's only about 7 or so episodes left. My favorite character this week is Denise. If you'd have told me when we started the series a month ago that I'd be seeing David Duchovny in drag I probably would have laughed at you and said, "Oh you, what do you know?"


I like it a lot, but some of the subplots are getting kind of lame like the one with the adopted boy being accused of killing his parents. Maybe there will be some significance to that later. I would explain more, but you can't talk about the show without ruining it for other people, so to save you all I will change the subject

Things sure are picking up at work. I am currently coloring vegetable pictures and researching the best recipes for pumpkin Creme Brulée. After class I will show my most eager students the rest of The Ring. Don't ever try to scare Japanese kids. It doesn't work. They all told me they think the movie isn't scary whatsoever. !!!! We have better insulation and toothpaste, but I guess America just can't compete with the Japanese horror movie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too started Twin Peaks not but a week ago. Haven't gotten to that part yet but I find the screeching mother of the murdered girl best for her excellent screams in episode 1.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

I was looking up Twin Peaks torrents last week. Is that Twin peaky or what?

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home