Monday, November 13, 2006

Friday night was a huge disappointment. I went out to a drinking party with my teachers and spent two awkward hours trying not to drink myself to the point of oozing under the table. Now I'm at a point where I feel confident enough to communicate fairly well in Japanese, but none of the English teachers showed up, so everyone was afraid to talk to me without the possible aid of a translator. Nobody even took the conversation bait when I asked questions about what we were eating, as if I have no idea what f**king pudding is. In fact, the only thing that saved the evening was the pudding. I've been to parties like that knowing about 10 words of Japanese and had a blast. I digress, maybe I should have tried harder....next time I'm putting my feet in the nabe pot and eatin with my toes. Screw it, if you can't join 'em, make 'em uncomfortable.

Thankfully, the rest of the weekend was pretty great. Saturday we went to Seto outside of Nagoya, a city know for it's delightful pottery. It was cold and rainy, but the town was cool and worth going back. Saturday's dinner was at a real Spanish restaurant with some new friend's of ours. Sunday was a company picnic that was really fun. Later we ordered pizza for dinner while watching Audition. I don't know in what context that movie and eating go together, but we gave it a shot. Right now I'm gluing paper fruits onto paper for tomorrow's lesson about........fruits. I want to get a puppet, too.

I'd type more, but every time I try to focus there's a little clear thing that floats in front of my eyeball. It's like I'm looking into a microscope with those shaky things in the lake water.

In summation I need:

* More trips outside the city
* More iron in my diet
* Less gore during pizza time

1 Comments:

Blogger will said...

i think audition worked great the othe r night because nobody knows what the stink is gonna happen until she pokes needles through his eyeballs... oh my!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home