Sunday, March 11, 2007

I sent out four resumes today.

I stayed in a temple last weekend with my friend Shiho. Her family lives here. They are great!! We had an awesome time.




Yesterday some goon came over from the recycle center to buy my high quality sh*t. With shiny ¥¥ signs in my eyes, I invited him in.
It went like this:

Dude: Okay, so we’ll give you about ¥3,000 for these things (reads huge list) but you’re going to have to pay us about ¥12,000 to dispose of the TV, microwave and chair.
Kate: !!!!! Um, what?
Dude: You see, the television and microwave are old and you have to dispose of them.
Kate: Yes, but everything works. Nothing is broken. And the chair is brand new.
Dude: …
Kate: …
Dude: Yeah, so we’ll be back on Thursday to pick everything up for you!

Like, huh?! Apparently this is the norm for recycle centers. They will get money for my stuff, and then most likely turn around and sell it at decent prices. As if!! I have already beat the system and this weekend have a dude who sells secondhand crap coming over to take it all for no charge. Take that, Japanese secondhand bureaucracy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home