Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Getting ready to leave

Well, I'm getting ready to leave in about 7 weeks or so and things are moving along smoothly. I have to fill out some forms so I don't have to fork over money to the Japanese government, figure out some stuff on my busted laptop, and all the while try to learn a little Japanese. One of my "Learn Japanese Fast" c.d.s started out fairly innocent, but now I'm learning how to ask people if they want drinks and would they like to have them at my place. I'm beginning to think the c.d. was developed in conjunction with some seedy Japanese dudes with a not so hidden agenda.
I went out to dinner with some folks from the JET Program on Saturday who were way cool. They live in and around Atlanta.
I think it's funny how wherever I go anymore someone knows someone who lives in Japan. I guess that's a good sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home